Friday, August 15, 2008

Altered Clock

Here is my simple tutorial of an Altered Clock!!!


Now a lot of you out there in blog land have probably seen something like this before so it may not be something new to you. I had seen them about a year ago somewhere on-line and always thought it would be fun to make. It really is very simple, especially if you are into scrapbooking already. You kind of do the same thing but put it on the face of a clock.

For those of you who have never seen this neat craft idea here is a mini-tutorial on how I did it. I bought an inexpensive clock from Wal-mart that was able to be unscrewed from the back. I took out the hands of the clock and took off the face.



I picked out a scrapbook paper I liked and cut it to fit the face of the clock. I got an extra big clock so it took two pieces of 12 X 12 paper arranged just so. Be sure to cut the hole in the center where the hands will go back through. I picked the bright colors because I am going to use it in Lily's play room in our new house. I am going to go with primary color decorating in that room rather than pastel and pink like her room is going to be.


Then I arranged the pictures and numbers how I wanted them and put them down using my tape runner. You could do anything you wanted - pictures, no pictures just a pretty paper, numbers all around, no numbers, just a 12!! Whatever!! I used chipboard for the numbers and circles that I put them on. I bordered the pictures in ribbon - you can see that in the final picture.

Then you put the hands of the clock back on and put the whole clock back together. I painted the rim of mine red. It was black. (It was my first adventure in spray paint and it went well!! I can see how some of you become addicted!!!)

So there you have it! Pretty simple and I think it turned out pretty cute. The pictures don't do it any justice! It looks much cuter in real life!

I zoomed in on this one a bit so you could see some details a little better.


I hope you enjoyed my little project! Now get out there and go purchase a cheap clock. Now you can take it all apart and make something extra special for yourself!! :)

HAVE FUN!

4 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh my gosh, aren't you crafty!! That is just ADORABLE!! What a cute clock for a playroom. Great job, and yes, spray painting is addicting!!

Caren said...

Super cute! I will be stealing that idea soon! You should submit that tutorial to Tip Junkie. Call me, we'll talk more about it IRL! Love ya!

Kaycee said...

This is FABULOUS!! I saw it on TipJunkie and i'm definitely going to do that :)

Jessica said...

Such a cute idea! I am going to have to try this!!